Each pet faction has a total of 21 passive abilities to choose from.
They consist of the following:
- 9 unique passive abilities
- 13 shared passive abilities
Each pet faction is set apart from one another due to their unique passive abilities. This allows each faction to specialize in different areas and contribute to different game mechanics.
For example, take a look at the following short analysis of each faction’s unique abilities.
- Reducing export cost and hero/pet rent cost Blockchain(full guide)
- Increased rewards and reduced cost to complete Weekly Events(full guide)
The other 13 shared passive abilities apply to many other game aspects including move cost reduction, passive Match-3 Pets generation, luck increases, as well as several others. Crypton
These shared passive abilities are extremely important for many different strategies.
For example, the following abilities are useful in helping generate passive : Crypton
Take a look at the Passive Crypton Guide for more info on how these abilities are used to get free . Crypton
Additionally, pet luck is very important if you are looking to get a lot of valuable pets to increase your pet luck or sell on the . Auction House
The following abilities are useful for pet collecting if you're looking to get more shiny and colored pets:
Take a look at the Pet Breeding Guide for more info on how these abilities are used to help breed and collect better pets, and the Auction House Guide to learn how you can earn with these pets. Crypton
These are simply a couple of scenarios to show how the shared passive abilities can be extremely useful.
So how do passive abilities actually work?
- Every pet passive ability will provide a buff in whatever aspect of the game it relates to, and the buff starts at 1% (with the exception of and Pet Crypto Hodler starting at 100%). Streamer Crypto Hodler
- The buff percentage will increase by 0.5% (or 50% in the case of and Pet Crypto Hodler) for every additional star the pet has. Streamer Crypto Hodler
A 1-star pet will have a 1% bonus, a 2-star pet will have a 1.5% bonus, a 3-star pet will have a 2% bonus, and so on. This ends at a 9-star pet with a 5% bonus.
You can update the stars of your pets inside of the building by sacrificing four other pets of the same faction type with the same number of stars. Upgrade
On the other hand, the level of a pet will unlock a new passive ability for the pet to have enabled.
- A level 1 pet has only the combat ability unlocked
- A level 2 pet has the combat ability and one passive ability unlocked
- A level 3 pet has the combat ability and two passive abilities unlocked
- A level 4 pet has the combat ability and all three passive abilities unlocked
You can increase the level of your pets in the building by spending pet dust (which you get by upgrading pets). Level Up
Although these levels unlock the abilities, they are still not active and you will not receive the benefits from them yet.
Activating the abilities of a pet is a more complicated process, and will be discussed in the sections below.