The essence of pet breeding comes down to luck. With improved luck, you will improve your overall chance to get better pets of every type.
Luck can be improved in the following ways:
- By collecting more pets and pet skins
- Through pet passive abilities
You can view the luck score of a certain faction by heading into and opening the hatchery menu. As you collect more pets and pet skins from a certain faction, that faction’s luck score will increase. Geopet GO
To maximize your luck score through collecting pets and pet skins, you should do the following:
- Catch 50 pets per day in or by breeding them in the Match-3 building. Geopet GO
- Capture all hatcheries and ensure you are getting the maximum of 50 eggs per day.
- Hatch eggs on a regular basis (or all at once; can be combined with the pet ability to increase the chance of more rare pets). Hatching with Love
- If you want to increase the luck score further, purchase pet skins on the . Auction House
As you do this, you will gradually notice that your luck score will be improving.
The higher your luck score is, the better your chances of receiving higher rarity pets, as well as potentially pets with higher levels/stars.
It should also be noted that different pet rarities have different effects on the luck score.
- Legendary Pets: Highest impact on luck score
- Epic Pets: Moderate impact on luck score
- Rare Pets: Lowest impact on luck score
Therefore, if you are looking to buy pet skins from the to help improve your luck score - buy legendary or epic pets! Auction House
In addition to increasing your luck score by collecting pets and pet skins, you can also increase it through pet passive abilities.
The following pet passive abilities improve luck score:
These pet passive abilities both increase your luck score, allowing you to get better pets.
Whenever you are looking to have a better chance of breeding certain pets, you should pretty much always equip these abilities on each of your active pets.
Take a look at the Pet Abilities Guide for info on enabling the effects of abilities as well as what active pets are.
The and Lucky Break abilities can be applied on every pet faction; so you can have a total of 12 abilities enabled which impact your overall luck score. With six 9-star active pets, your overall luck score will increase by more than 120%! Luck Struck
This can have a huge impact on your ability to breed more shiny pets and colored pets.
The best time to equip these abilities is only when you are looking to breed a ton of pets.
It's a waste to have these abilities enabled at all times because it's unlikely that you will be looking to breed pets every single day.
When looking to improve your chances of breeding certain types of pets, you should follow these steps:
- Choose a select time period that you will be breeding pets.
- The week before you plan on breeding pets, equip the and Lucky Break abilities on each of your active pets. Luck Struck
- Breed pets using one of the following strategies in the sections below.
Since these luck abilities don't really impact your progression outside of the realm of pets, you should mainly be following other strategies until you look to breed a ton of pets.
No matter which type of pet you aim to get from breeding, you should always follow the tips above to improve your chances by default.
In the sections below, you will learn about different strategies that you can use to get different types of pets.